Depending on your RV manufacturer you could be driving a certified green RV to the River’s End Campground and RV Park on vacation this year. Many manufacturers take the green certification seriously and earn one from TRA Certification, Inc. an internationally accredited third party. These firms include Airstream, Coachmen, Featherlite, Forest River, Ecoluxe, Outlaw and several more.
By following the established standards for resource, energy and water efficiency and indoor air quality, an RV can be certified green. Some factors reviewed are:
- Offsite recycling for construction waste materials
- The use of sustainable materials and waste reduction
- Reuse of material scraps and materials and use of materials with more than 50% recycled content.
- Rain drainage system installed
- Skylights to provide natural lighting
- Heating and cooling system with no ducts
- LED lighting
- Low flow kitchen faucet, bath faucet and showerhead
- Low-flow or pedal flush / composting / water-less toilet
- Instant hot water heater
- Water line test water is recycled and reused or the units are air tested
- Rain booth water is recycled and reused
Indoor Air Quality
- Attention to ventilation, volatile organic compounds (VOC) content in carpet, flooring, adhesives, sealants, cabinets and insulation
- All wood materials are CARB 2 compliant and use of low VOC materials
- Zero or minimal carpet is installed (but slide outs/cab allowed)
- Use of non/low emitting materials
- Mechanical ventilation/exhaust devices
- Ductwork is off the floor or protected/vacuumed
At River’s End, we take immense pride in being eco-friendly. Think about whether your own RV can get to that state!
About River’s End Campground
After you park your RV, visit Tybee Island, soak in the good vibrations of an awesome! Reserve a full hookup RV site, a primitive campsite or a rustic cabin at our green RV park by visiting our reservation page at www.riversendcampground.com or by calling 800-786-1016.